The Anandilal Podar Trust (Erstwhile, The Anandilal Podar Charitable Society/ Anandilal Education Society) was founded in 1921 when Mr. Anandilal Podar donated a sum of Rs. 2, 01, 000/- to Mahatma Gandhi, for the ‘Tilak Swaraj Fund’.
In recognition of the first huge donation by a businessman to ‘Tilak Swaraj Fund’ in that most turbulent and oppressive period of the country, Mahatma Gandhi agreed to be the first Chairman Trustee of the Society. The other Founder Trustees of the Society were Mr. Madan Mohan Malviya, Mr. Jamnalal Bajaj and Mr. Anandilal B. Podar.
In 1930, Mahatma Gandhi and Mr. Jamnalal Bajaj, owing to their political pre-occupation, retired from the Trusteeship of the Society. Thereafter, Mr. Madan Mohan Malviya became the Chairman of the Society, till his demise in 1946. Thereafter, the Society was guided by Raja Ramdeo Anandilal Podar and Dr. Ramnath Anandilal Podar and presently, honorable Mr. Kantikumar R. Podar is chairman of the Trust.
One of the main objectives of the Society was to spread education and to open centre for health care, recreation as well.
To give concrete shape to these objectives, the society established various institutions, all bearing the name of Podars, presently numbering over 37, comprising of Schools, Post Graduate Colleges, the First Institute of Management in Rajasthan, Vocational Training Centres, Labour Recreation Centre, Ayurvedic Hospital of 260 beds, Ayurvedic Post Graduate College, Deaf & Dumb School, Sports Pavilion, Recreational Park etc.
Over 30,000 students are studying at present in the Institutions established by the Society.
2007 – Cultural Galleries – Forts, Palaces, Marble Art, Turban, Oriental Cart and Gandhi Philosophy, Cultural Auditorium added on the First floor of Museum.
2007 – B.Sc. Bio – Technology course was added at Seth Gyaniram Bansidhar Podar College, Nawalgarh.
2006 – CBSE Affiliated English Medium Senior Secondary School added.
2004 – Teacher’s Training College was established.
2003 – Separate hostels for Boys and Girls were added.
2000 – Cultural galleries of Rajasthan – Musical Instrument Gallery, Rajasthani Living Style Gallery, Gem and Jewellery Gallery, Fair, Festival and Dances Gallery, Bridal Costume Gallery, Miniature Painting Gallery, Handicrafts Gallery were added in the Dr. Ramanath A. Podar Haveli Museum, Nawalgarh.
1998 – M.A. and M.Sc. classes were added in Seth Gyaniram Bansidhar Podar College, Nawalgarh.
1997 – The year was unique in the history of the Scoiety as three new Institutions, viz.,
(1) Rambilas Anandilal Podar Institute of Management Studies
(2) Smt. Godavaribai Ramdeo Podar School (English Medium) and
(3) Smt. Gyanwatibai Rambilas Podar Ladies Vocational Training and manufacturing Centre were inaugurated on January 31,1997.
1997 – Mr. K.R. Narayanan, then Hon. Vice-President of India and the then Hon. President, visited Podar Haveli, Nawalgarh. The other dignitaries visited are Governor of Rajasthan, Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Deputy Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Union Minister, former Defense Minister of India and Mr. Podar (1997)
1996 – Saw over 7,000 foreign tourists visiting this Haveli (Residential House) to see the intricacies of the frescoes. A large number of Indian and Foreign magazines and media covered the work of art at this Haveli.
1992 – To give a fillip to and to exhibit traditional Rajasthani culture and heritage, Mr. Kantikumar R. Podar undertook a massive restoration of almost 100 years old frescoes numbering over 750 at the ancestral residential House of the Podar Family at Nawalgarh.
1974 – Dr Shigeo Nagano, Chairman, Nippon Steel Company Limited and Advisor to the Prime Minister of Japan at the temple at Jaipur built by Podar Family (1974)
1966 – Dr. Ramnath A. Podar donated this ancient and ancestral Haveli for housing a Higher Secondary School.
1955 – Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the President of India, specially visited Nawalgarh to perform the Opening Ceremony of the Smruti Bhawan (a large indoor and outdoor Sports Complex and Auditorium) that was built by the Society in the memory of Raja Ramdeoji as also to unveil the life size statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Gandhi Park built and maintained by the Society in memory of its first Chairman Trustee and father of the nation.
1942 – Podar College was established in the year when there was no University in Rajasthan and the College had to be affiliated to Agra University. (In the State of Uttar Pradesh)
1922 – Podar Educational Institutions at Nawalgarh started.
Podars have been in the fore-front in the cause of Social Service. Shri Anandilal Podar and his family members have established 37 institutions, comprising of Schools, Post Graduate Colleges, Management Institutes, Vocational Centre, Labor Recreation Centre, Hospital of 310 beds, Hostels, Post Graduate Medical College, Medical Research Centre etc. Over 30,000 students are studying at present in these Institutions.
A list of these institutions is listed below:
Nawalgarh, Jhunjhunu (Rajasthan)
1. Seth Gyaniram Bansidhar Podar College – Commerce (Post Graduate)
2. Seth Gyaniram Bansidhar Podar College – Arts
3. Seth Gyaniram Bansidhar Podar College – Science
4. Rambilas Anandilal Podar Institute of Management Studies
5. Panabai Ramnath Podar Senior Higher Secondary School.
6. Seth Gyaniram Bansidhar Podar Primary School.
7. Smt. Godavaribai Ramdeo Podar School (English Medium)
8. Dr. Ramnath A. Podar Teacher’s Training Institute
9. Raja Ramdeo Podar Smruti Bhawan (Auditotim-cum-Sports pavilion).
10. Raja Ramdeo Podar Library
11. Dr. Ramnath Podar Sabhagar
12. Gandhi Park
13. Smt. Gyanwatibai Rambilas Podar
Ladies Vocational Training Manufacturing Centre
14. Raja Ramdeo Podar Senior Secondary School
15. Ramnath Anandilal Podar Institute of Management (MBA)
16. Seth Anandilal Podar Institute for Deaf & Dump
17. Anandilal Podar Vocational Training Centre For Dumb & Deaf.
18. Seth Anandilal Podar High School
19. Shri Ganesh Girl’s Middle School
20. Raja Ramdeo Podar Ayuvedic Research Institute (with 50 beds)
21. Raja Ramdeo Podar Shala
22. Smt. Godavaribai Ramdeo Podar Vocational Training Centre.
23. Rambilas Anandilal Podar Medical College (Ayurvedic)
24. Mahdevi Anandilal Podar Hospital (Ayurvedic) (260 Beds )
25. Smt. Panabai Ramnath Podar out Patients’ Clinic (Ayurvedic)
26. Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce & Economics.
27. Seth Anandilal Podar Junior College of Commerce & Economics.
28. Seth Anandilal Podar Vidyalaya
29. Ramniranjan Podar School
30. Smt. Leelawatibai Podar High School
31. Smt. Mahadevi Podar Primary School
32. Smt. Godavaribai Podar Primary School
33. Podar Balwadi
34. Podar Little Kingdom (K.G.)
35. Podar Buds Blossoms (K.G.)
36. Rambilas Anandilal Podar Labour Recreation Centre
37. Dr. Ramnath Anandilal Podar Ayurvedic Hospital (Proposed)
Temples established are:
1. Bhagwan Shri Laxminarayan Mandir, Santacruz, Bombay.
1. Bhagwan Shri Ram Mandir, Jaipur.
Welcome to the exclusive ‘Cultural Heritage Museum’, the first of its kind in the world.
A jewel in the cultural crown of India. The pride of the Shekhawati region in the State of Rajasthan.
PODAR HAVELI MUSEUM
Dr. Ramnath A. Podar Haveli Museum
Rambilas Podar Road,
NAWALGARH – 333 042.
Phone : +91 (1594) 225446, 223138, 222160
Fax : +91 (1594) 223198
Mobile : +91 9352718911
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org